A Note to Tori

Dear Tori,
Why would you run away when you were so loved? I fear you must be dead or surely you would have made your way back by now. I will never forgive myself for not noticing that you had gotten out around my feet instead of running into one of the other rooms like you usually do.
I can only hope that because you were a stray cat before that somehow you have the skills to stay alive. I will never eat solid food again until I know what happened to you. I hate the Universe so much. I hate that my dear friend was taken from me like this. It doesn't seem like anyone else cares but I certainly do.
I love you, my little grand-cat. I will never understand why you ran away.
I wish that I were dead too. I hate this world.
I will also not work on any novel or story again until you have returned. And my hunger will serve to remind me of how stupid I was not to realize that you were gone.
You are most precious. I'm sorry that you got out and got confused. I'm sorry that my stupidity and carelessness got you killed.
I will always love you.

Comments