Catnip Time


Unfortunately only two of the pictures I took from this morning's Catnip Orgy turned out. I got my cats a bagful of catnip toys, and the Emery Cat replacement board came with a packet of catnip. Before I even had a chance, Leon and Raymond had shredded the plastic on the Emery Cat package and torn into the bag of catnip. There was catnip everywhere. 
The cats were rolling around and playing happily. I took several pictures but only these two turned out. In the one above, Raymond rolls around in Catnip Haze while Lafayette prepares to attack the soft parcel toy. Below, Raymond and his brother Leon enjoy the effects of catnip. Leon has only four teeth but he still managed to tear open the package of catnip. Determination is amazing!
Note in the picture above: Both Raymond and Lafayette are adult males, but look how much smaller Lafayette is. He's the smallest male cat I've ever had. I've researched small breeds but he's obviously a mix so I can't quite determine his actual genetic makeup. The only thing that I'm fairly sure of is that he's part Balinese, which is a sort of Siamese subtype with silky long fur and a plume-like tail. Whatever he is, he's made me very happy. I can't imagine life without him.

Comments