Objects, Not Animals
This was another response to the article in the post below. Here is the article in its original location.
I will qualify that I do have problems with hoarding: objects, not animals. I do have seven cats. They are extremely spoiled. They are all rescues. They trust and like me. The little Maine coon cat tends to hide because she is afraid of the big Calico. I still haven't found a good solution to force the Calico to tolerate the Maine Coon even if she doesn't like her, but the squirt bottle at least keeps her at bay when she's being too mean.
On the other hand, I have two miniature Dachshunds that I'm trying to re-home because I can't properly care for them. I wish that I enjoyed activities like walking them, but I don't much. My work schedule and my own issues make this the case. I grieve because of it. I am able to keep up with vet care on my cats even if it isn't right on schedule. All but one which is semi-feral are strictly indoor cats. The dogs need more in the way of dental work and one needs grooming because he is a long-hair. I can't keep up with it and I hope to find someone who can. I worry because there are a lot of freaks out there who want to do evil things to pets.
Now that I understand about hoarding disorder I am finally able to start coming to terms with my hoarding of items. It isn't easy. It makes me very sad, both that I did not understand it when I was younger and that I will automatically be judged as a bad person by most people, even though they do not know me.
Comments