lovely-lindalouise: “If I’m lucky, during the day I go for a...





“If I’m lucky, during the day I go for a ride on my Appaloosa stallion called Lucky Spot. He’s got a lovely temperament. Horse riding is a marvellous form of exercise both physically and spiritually.”
-Linda McCartney“Some people could look at him and think he looks like a puppy dog compared to a great thoroughbred, but I say, ‘I could trade you for any horse in the world, I could trade you for the greatest hunting thoroughbred or whatever-but it’s you I want”
-Linda McCartney“Linda loved horses so much, and one of her favourite breeds was the Appaloosa, a spotted horse bred by North American Indians. During that tour, while we were in Dallas, I used to drive to Fort Worth so that we could rehearse, and one day she spotted an Appaloosa away over in the field. We turned off the freeway and found the place, called Lucky Spot Stables.
Linda was saying to the man there, ‘Could we look at the horse out in the field?’ He said, ‘I’m not selling him!’ but Linda had fallen totally in love with the horse by this point. She rode him a little bit and seeing this the man realised she was a good horsewoman and eventually we persuaded him to sell. We named the horse Lucky Spot, took him back to England and started breeding Appaloosas”
-Paul McCartney
from Tumblr https://ift.tt/37ZsiCp
via IFTTT
Comments