creepy-satanic-nudist: I love how hilariously emotional people get about ‘vermin’ animals. Like,...
I love how hilariously emotional people get about ‘vermin’ animals. Like, when you save a mouse and put it outside, if you tell some people they’ll get totally hysterical about it, like you released a scourge on humanity. “Sure, you think it’s ‘innocent’ but it carries diseases”. The way they talk about it like the mouse is autonomous in that decision- like it deliberately went to some disease factory in the woods just so it could come into your house and piss it all over your cereal.
I’m in no denial that mice and rats carry diseases, but I don’t concoct this insane narrative that they are these evil little critters that plot to kill people like some loonies would have you believe. I do think they are innocent- in the way that I think every animal is innocent- they don’t conspire to kill us, they just do what they do to survive and sometimes they have the audacity to get in our way and make us sick. There are probably more dangerous diseases flying in to Heathrow every day.
I understand that people have phobias, but calling a small fluffy creature no bigger than the palm of your hand ‘evil’ or going full on psycho over the fact that it dared to inconvenience you just makes you sound like you’re having some sort of mental breakdown. Calm yourself.
I know it’s hard to believe, but creatures that existed before you aren’t there specifically to sabotage you, because not everything in the world was made to revolve around making you angry or sad, or anything, for that matter.
from Tumblr https://ift.tt/2v8VB6V
via IFTTT
Comments