30 Days of De-Objectification: Vanity and Entitlement
Meet the Douchebag Family
30 Days of De-Objectification:
Vanity and Entitlement
Everybody, meet the Douchebag family. Please, spread their
picture far and wide, and make them famous. The State of Oregon wants to find
them for defacing public property.
As the daughter said to the man who confronted them about
carving their names into a railing in Tumalo Falls Park: “Umm, we can do what
we or I want.”
Vain and entitled.
Little Missy obviously thinks she’s a badass, flashing the
gang sign and all.
Like other vain, spoiled brats, she surely wants to be
famous. So, let’s make sure that she and her family get famous. It will be
worth the $5000 apiece that the State of Oregon wants to fine them.
I realize that I seem to have gotten off topic, having
started the month with my dismay at the objectification of older men by girls
young enough to be their grandfathers. However, there is an attitude which is
common to all exploitation, whether it be of people or of property.
That attitude is: “Umm, we can do what we or I want.”
Those who think this way don’t care who or what their
attitudes hurt. They don’t care about anyone but themselves or anything but
filling their immediate desires.
In the case of this family, this sociopathic attitude was
planted by and is cultivated by the father of the pair of monstrous brats who
believe that “Umm, we can do what we or I want.”
There have always been those who have thought this way, but the
attitude and concurrent shitty behavior seem to be more widespread than ever.
My brother, who is four years younger than I am, had a
friend who was looking for work as a nanny. She interviewed with a family who
told her: “Our little princess must never hear the word ‘no’, because it will
damage her self-esteem.”
The sci-fi geek part of me can’t help but wonder if Little Princess
divided like an amoeba, and now there are a myriad of bratty little snowflakes
who have never heard the word ‘no’ and live by the tenet of “Umm, we can do
what we or I want.”
This attitude is certainly prevalent with a certain type of
fan who goes to a con and then has a fit when the actors won’t pose in
humiliating ways.
A couple of years ago, I had the privilege of meeting Chris
Isaak, who has been one of my favorite musicians for many years. I had the idea
that I might like to have Chris autograph my arm or calf with a permanent marker,
so I could have his signature made into a tattoo. Before Chris came out, the
VIP host requested that we only have him sign items such as CD covers or
programs. I did not throw a fit. I respected the request.
People and property are not ours to do with as we see fit. If
we all believed that “Umm, we can do what we or I want,” it would be a very
shitty world.
I kind of want to punch the snot-nosed brat who said that. I
get the feeling she wouldn’t like it very much if I, umm, did what I want.
I also want to make sure the world knows about her and the
other members of her asshole family so that they can be fined as they deserve
for defacing public property. That I will do.
~The Cheese Hath Grated It~



Comments