I don't have any pictures of my cat to share but I can tell you the story of how I got him: Imagine you're laying on your bed at 2 am, minding your own business, when out of nowhere you hear this loud yowling. It sounds like whatever cat is making it is dying some horrible death. You go to the front door and open it and call for the cat. The yowling stops. A perfectly healthy kitten comes running and stops at your feet, begging to be pet. It walks inside like it owns the place. The End.
This is basically how I got all my cats.
I maintain that cats choose their owners.
Ellie, Queen of the House and First Of Her Name, showed up one day shortly after we got the house as we were doing some remodeling work. She was skinny, bedraggled, and crawled into my lap when I sat down and made kissy noises at her. Deal sealed immediately. She moved in before we did; we set her up a spot in the finished room with litter and water and food and a blanket and checked with everyone around to see if she belonged to anyone; she didn’t. We made a vet appointment. That was five years ago, or a little more.
Logan was next. Kevin found him under the dumpster at his workplace because he heard pathetic mewling back there and went to investigate. He checked with all the houses around the shop; no one owned him. Brought the little flea bitten half grown kitten home and we gave him a flea bath and made a vet appointment. That was maybe four years ago.
The twins showed up about two years ago. I was getting something out of my car, heard a meow, turned around, and there’s two half-grown fluffballs hiding from the rain under my car.
“We’re not keeping them this time,” I said. “We already have two.”
“Sure,” My husband agreed.
“We’ll just keep them while we try to find their owners.”
“Sure.”
“They sure are friendly.”
“Sure are.”
“And cute.”
“Yep.”
By the time we ascertained that they didn’t belong to anyone, it was too late. I just sighed, set up a vet appointment, and accepted my fate as the crazy cat lady on the block.
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2IghnI9
via IFTTT
Comments