your tags on that crawfish post are life itself

Crayfish (crawfish, crawdads) are oddly dear to my soul - the crawfish doesn’t have to know you to hate you, you exist, and that’s plenty. This is absolutely the most equable kind of loathing, too, a crawfish is content to hate curious cats, hungry raccoons, human children, and being washed by floodwater into the middle of a parking lot with absolute equanimity.

Very late one night in the parking lot of a Food Lion a bit of trash at shoelace level said FIGHT ME. This turned out to be a displaced crawfish, wandering amongst empty packets of USA Golds and Mello Yello bottles, just wishing a mother fucker would start something. I picked it up and walked it (it yelling obscene gerunds the entire time) back to its probable home in the marshy bit off the side of the parking lot. I gave it a good toss (“Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight meeeeeeeeeeeeeee”) and it landed with a plip amongst the invisible noisy frogs, which love everyone, but especially you.

Don’t fight a crayfish, is what I’m saying, but help one out if you get a chance, they know a guy who knows a guy.


from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1YU2SuJ
via IFTTT

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh...my...gosh...I love this. Did you write this? This is really great.

And, you know what? They are part of life, of the big picture, and yes, they are just as they are. They are crawdads. Bless their hearts and God love 'em.
Sadly, I can't take credit for this piece. But it's some great writing and spot on. Crawdads are the curmudgeons of the crustacean world!