The Animals In My Life
This prompt comes from The Daily Post.
You get bonuses for cute animal photos, and double bonuses if you took them with your phone. I can take photos with my phone but I can't download them. So, the ones I show were taken with a digital camera.
Isis
Isis is 12 years old. She's actually my ex husband's cat, and I hope he will be coming in April or May to get her. When he moved to Montana it was difficult to take both of his cats with him at once. I would have preferred Anna, but my beastly calico Trinity beats Anna up. Isis is scrappier.
Isis is actually a nice cat, but she is also an old, semi-feral beast. She doesn't get along with my cats. I'd like to restore a little peace to my chaos. So I hope that she will be going to Montana soon to join Anna.
Tara (L) and Lafayette (R)
Lafayette and Tara are four years old. They were adopted from the Adams County Animal Shelter in the spring of 2010. I was sponsoring Lafayette on Facebook, trying to get a home for him, but I decided I wanted him for myself.
He had been living at Adams County from the time he was just a month old. The one complaint I have is that they did not update their picture. He still looked like this in the picture on their website.
Baby Lafayette
He was eight months old when I met him. He was also really wild, as he'd never been properly socialized. This is where fostering helps so much, because the shelter workers only have so much time. This is a good shelter, it keeps the animals till they're adopted, unless they have health or behavioral issues that are too severe to deal with.
Lafayette was terrified when I first got him home, because he was so used to living in a kennel. He hid under the printer table for a week, coming out only to eat--and to attack my hand when I slept. Not in a mean way, he wanted to play. Nonetheless, I had the vet trim his claws and I taught him to play with "soft paws."
The Wet Lafayette
Lafayette dove into the tub a couple of times when I was bathing. He gave me a very dirty look when I laughed at his folly. He was not a happy camper.
Lafayette is a bit of a goofball, which is why I have so many stories about him. Tara is a fairly sedate cat. She likes to sleep in the sun in the window. She also likes to try and get out, which drives me crazy. I was bringing some boxes in one day (trying to clear out a storage unit) and she tried to get out. In my effort to catch her, I set the box down on her foot. Luckily, it wasn't a very heavy box.
Leon (L) and Raymond (R)
Leon and Raymond are brothers. They are 11 years old. A former co-worker took in a pregnant cat. I was only intending to take one of the cats, which would have been Raymond. Leon was the runt of the litter, and the neighbor was having trouble finding anyone to take him. The look in my then eleven year old son's eyes meant we took them both.
We thought that Leon was a girl at first, and we named her Mia. We changed Mia's name to Leon when he got a little older and we discovered that he had something extra that a Mia wouldn't have!
Trinity
This is my big girl Trinity. She is eight years old. She's normally a very nice cat and has a wonderful, loud purr. But for some reason she absolutely detested my little Maine Coon cat Anna, which is how Anna ended up with my ex-husband. Trinity bullied Anna mercilessly. I love Anna, but she gets a lot more peace when she's not living with the Spotted Bruiser.
Grand-Cats:
My son has two cats named Bart and Giorgio, whom he adopted from the Boulder County Humane Society. Giorgio is a mellow declawed 9 year old. (We didn't have him declawed, his former people, who by all signs appear to have been jackwagons who never should have had a cat did.) Bart is an insane one year old. He leaps on anything that moves if he's in a wild mood, which is most of the time.
There is also a page on Facebook dedicated to Tori, who went missing at the end of 2011. I share it in the unlikely event that someone may still find her.
I enjoy talking about my animals. I will probably always have cats, though sometimes I wonder why!






Comments