The Legend of Lafayette
I've mentioned my cat Lafayette before. This is the picture that I was promoting when I was sponsoring him on Facebook and then decided that I wanted to adopt him myself. When I got there to see him, he didn't look like this anymore--this is him when he was a month old. I met him when he was 8 months old! The shelter where I got him is a good shelter and had kept him there all that time. But oftentimes shelters don't have an up to date picture of the animal on their websites.
This is how Lafayette appeared pretty much the entire first week I had him--except when he came out when I was sleeping to attack my hand! He was very agoraphobic, having become used to living in a kennel, and hid under the printer table.
This is far more typical of Lafayette today. He sits where he wants, high up and out in the open...on top of the computer. I don't know what he'll do if I get one of those new mod ones that's all thin and tiny!
It's definitely true that adopting a rescue animal won't change the world for all animals, but it can make a world of difference for one animal! Lafayette went from being frightened and agoraphobic to being a legend in his living room! He is very well loved. ~Cie~
It's definitely true that adopting a rescue animal won't change the world for all animals, but it can make a world of difference for one animal! Lafayette went from being frightened and agoraphobic to being a legend in his living room! He is very well loved. ~Cie~



Comments