Goodbye Cujo and Mia
Cujo (black) and his sister Mia went to the Doxie Connection dachshund rescue in Wyoming. They will be going to live with a nice lady in Rapid City. They did not have a great life with me. I'm a good cat person. I'm not a good dog person. I wanted them to have a good life during their remaining years instead of with a person who walks them grudgingly and rarely wanted to interact with them.
I got them for my son's 12th birthday because some busybody well meaning person said that it was tragic that my son didn't have a dog, that every kid should have a dog.
Guess who ended up being responsible for their care.
Financially, my situation is terrible. I was paying quite a bit for the vet care that Cujo needs. He still needs dental work and to have a seroma removed from his underbelly.
Here's what I don't miss: the whining the instant I come in, the having to clean up dog poop, the barking every time another dog barked or a squirrel ran up the tree outside the window.
Here's what I do miss:
I really did like these little guys. I feel sad knowing I'll never see them again. If I'd had the money, I would have kept them and taken them to Doggy Day Care every day. Yeah--I'd have been a "let the nanny raise it" pet parent.
But I don't have the money. I have a busted heater and am still trying to pay off a few of the payday loans that I was forced to take out while doing my nursing internship--in fucking APRIL, mind--and my maxed out credit cards. Thank modern technology for today's safer space heaters. Or I'd be freezing like I was before I got it.
So if you want to make me feel like an asshole for rehoming my dogs--save it. I already do. At least I didn't dump them at a damn high kill shelter or dump them off on the side of the road like some fuckers do. I found a reputable rescue and they helped them find a new home. You are cordially welcome to stuff any shitty, unsupportive comments right up your cavernous ass where you generally keep your head.
However, if you have any supportive comments, the old curmudgeon could really use a virtual hug right about now.
Guess who ended up being responsible for their care.
Financially, my situation is terrible. I was paying quite a bit for the vet care that Cujo needs. He still needs dental work and to have a seroma removed from his underbelly.
Here's what I don't miss: the whining the instant I come in, the having to clean up dog poop, the barking every time another dog barked or a squirrel ran up the tree outside the window.
Here's what I do miss:
I really did like these little guys. I feel sad knowing I'll never see them again. If I'd had the money, I would have kept them and taken them to Doggy Day Care every day. Yeah--I'd have been a "let the nanny raise it" pet parent.
But I don't have the money. I have a busted heater and am still trying to pay off a few of the payday loans that I was forced to take out while doing my nursing internship--in fucking APRIL, mind--and my maxed out credit cards. Thank modern technology for today's safer space heaters. Or I'd be freezing like I was before I got it.
So if you want to make me feel like an asshole for rehoming my dogs--save it. I already do. At least I didn't dump them at a damn high kill shelter or dump them off on the side of the road like some fuckers do. I found a reputable rescue and they helped them find a new home. You are cordially welcome to stuff any shitty, unsupportive comments right up your cavernous ass where you generally keep your head.
However, if you have any supportive comments, the old curmudgeon could really use a virtual hug right about now.

Comments