Another reason why animal mills suck
The dog in the picture above is Buddy. Sadly, he died when he was only three months old, from kennel cough, which at its most serious is like pneumonia. His people got him from the pet store chain, Barworks. They get their dogs from puppy mills. I don't blame the people who got him. They were ignorant of the facts.
A similar thing happened to me when I was in my early 20's only my pet was a kitten and he came from Pet Ranch. I did not know then what I know about pet stores and animal mills. I thought this little guy was 2 months old. He was only a month old. I shouldn't even have been feeding him solid food. He died from pneumonitis, a condition that often affects cats that have been in crowded conditions. My heart was broken.
My kitten's name was Duke. 23 years later I still tear up when I think of him.
When I brought him to the vet, the vet asked where I got him. He was livid with anger, not at me but at the jerks who had sold him to me. He reported them to the humane society. He explained to me about places like Pet Ranch and how they don't care about the animals they sell, they just want to make a buck.
As they say, ADOPT DON'T SHOP! Puppy mills need to be banned and pet stores should sell supplies, not pets.
If you have anything to spare, please consider making a donation to the Animal Legal Defense Fund to help them help the animals.

Comments