NaHaiWriMo 2018 #2: Creature from the Past
Images and verse copyright The Real Cie
Click to enlarge
Feel free to use and share my images with a credit to Cara Hartley or The Real Cie. A rose by any other name and all.
Prompt used:
Notes:
The word from hourly writing prompts was Trias, which relates to the Triassic period. I had taken this photo of (I believe) a prehistoric rhinoceros at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, so I did a little wordplay, using the word Juras in the final line. The finished product isn't very scientific, but it is pretty damn silly.
I'm honestly not sure what the technical name for this poem is. Haiku uses nature as its subject, and this skeleton is part of nature even though it currently resides in a museum. However, Haiku generally implies a Kigo, which is a word or phrase symbolizing the season of the poem. My first poem in this year's NaHaiWriMo is certainly a Haiku.
Senryu is described as being satiric or ironic and generally about human nature. This ancient beast may be natural, but it is not human.
Whatever this Haiku-like poem that isn't a Haiku is, it is quite ridiculous. We'll just call it Haibun and done.
~Cie~


Comments