Terrorist Sock Spider
As I was putting clothes into the machine last night to do laundry a huge fucking spider crawled out of a sock! The sound I made on seeing it was pretty funny. It was an EEK! Just like a comic book character.
I did not drown the spider, which I initially considered doing. It was a non-poisonous variety. I found the grabber (I've been doing my laundry at work--haven't had a working washing machine since April) and lifted the sock out of the machine with spider on board and into the trash bin. I took the trash bag over to the main trash area. I figured the spider stood a better chance in the trash than the washing machine. I wasn't going to leave it in the laundry room trash to give some poor elderly person a heart attack (I work in a retirement community, for those who don't know.) But I didn't want to straight up kill it either.
I did not drown the spider, which I initially considered doing. It was a non-poisonous variety. I found the grabber (I've been doing my laundry at work--haven't had a working washing machine since April) and lifted the sock out of the machine with spider on board and into the trash bin. I took the trash bag over to the main trash area. I figured the spider stood a better chance in the trash than the washing machine. I wasn't going to leave it in the laundry room trash to give some poor elderly person a heart attack (I work in a retirement community, for those who don't know.) But I didn't want to straight up kill it either.

Comments