Fly Leg Eyelashes? Tres Ewwww!


 Buzzin of the infamous Death Cheese band questions a designer to see if she is the one who has been making false eyelashes out of fly legs

This is a response to a post on the PETA website about a designer who made false eyelashes out of fly legs. Just--yuck!
However, although I don't advocate deliberately maiming flies (although I despise the little bastards) I have to draw the line at equating smacking a fly with maiming something like a cat or a dog. PETA got up in arms about President Obama smacking a fly and all I could do was roll my eyes. A waste of time when there are truly horrific crimes against animals.

Creepy and in bad taste, and there is a saying about people who pull the legs off flies being future serial killers. Generally speaking I'm not going to get up in arms about killing flies, what with factory farming and torture of cats and dogs going on out there, but going to these kind of lengths, pulling the legs off flies there's something kinda wrong there. It's a different thing than smacking an offending fly. And yes, there is a difference between killing a fly and torturing a kitten or puppy. A huge difference.

Comments

63mago said…
I just read a news thing about a person who delivered 2.5 kilograms of fly cadaver to a fly cadaver collecting point - I will look for the source. Stay tuned.
And by the way - if anybody wants to pull the leg out of a kitten I sadly have to shoot hig holes into the sad sack. Just sayin'. Let's all just get along! Kittens good, all good.

Yoh!
I "liked" her Facebook page so I could say this:
Good...sweet...lord. That's just gross. Why in hell would anyone allow fly legs to be pasted around their eyes? Flies walk in poop. I'm not the sort to equate killing a fly with deliberately harming animals such as kittens or puppies, but come on--this is not only unnecessary, it's flat out vile. That being said, I am now "unliking" this page.

I then "unliked" her.