The Animal HOarding REscue Blog
The Animal Hoarding Rescue Blog isn't necessarily a pleasant read, but they do provide information to help animals, and also the people that have issues with animal hoarding. Myself, I've always had a tendency to be a pack rat that I can't seem to overcome. I have way too much crap and a lot of it I don't really need. I have too many animals, but would never hoard animals because it harms rather than helps them.
Animal care is expensive. I have four cats, two dachshunds, and a dwarf rabbit. I am still paying off a $2000+ vet bill for dental care for the dogs from last year. One of my cats has a bad tooth that needs to come out but I will have to wait until I get my tax return money so I can settle out the bill for the dogs. One can see that even basic care is very expensive for a few too many animals.
The animal hoarding issue is a very complex one. Sometimes people just get in over their heads. This is what happened to a woman I used to know who had taken in seventeen cats. She meant well and couldn't bear the thought of parting with any of them. But there are others who have a far worse problem than she, and the animals truly suffer. The conditions in which they live are hellish. Read the Animal Hoarding blog. It isn't always pretty, but it does offer hope.
Animal care is expensive. I have four cats, two dachshunds, and a dwarf rabbit. I am still paying off a $2000+ vet bill for dental care for the dogs from last year. One of my cats has a bad tooth that needs to come out but I will have to wait until I get my tax return money so I can settle out the bill for the dogs. One can see that even basic care is very expensive for a few too many animals.
The animal hoarding issue is a very complex one. Sometimes people just get in over their heads. This is what happened to a woman I used to know who had taken in seventeen cats. She meant well and couldn't bear the thought of parting with any of them. But there are others who have a far worse problem than she, and the animals truly suffer. The conditions in which they live are hellish. Read the Animal Hoarding blog. It isn't always pretty, but it does offer hope.
Comments