Pesticides: Bad for the Environment and Wildlife








Canadian scientists have discovered increasing numbers of frogs with deformities such as the one seen here in areas contaminated by pesticides. I'm no scientist, but I don't think it takes Albert Einstein to figure out that this isn't a good thing!

Comments

Hobbes said…
They've also found more hermaphroditic frogs. That might be a good thing, but they don't seem to be able to use their reproductive system at all, much less both ways.
My father was talking about that. It seems like a no-brainer that pesticides would cause problems for life forms other than bugs, but the companies that sell them don't care as long as they're making a buck. I think about the increased incidences of cancer in people. Sadly, I think my little rabbit Wesley died at age 4 because when I'd take him outside he would nibble on grass in the common area and there probably is pesticide there. I don't use such things on my own so-called lawn. If there are pests I prefer to use natural methods, such as diatomaceous earth, to get rid of them.